These are my kids all time favorite cookies! My mom makes them to have ready at all times whenever they go to her house, and she has graced us today by sharing her beloved secret recipe with the world 🙂
* 1 cup quick cooking oats
* 1/2 cup ground flax seeds or flax meal ( For a fresher, nuttier taste it is fun to blend your own! Do you have a coffee grinder? )
* 1/2 cup almond butter or natural style peanut butter
* 1/3 cup honey ( preferably local raw honey of course 🙂 )
* 1/2 cup raw cocoa nibs ( you can find these in your local health food store or online )
* 1 dash of sea salt
* 1 small splash of pure vanilla extract OR liquid vanilla stevia
#1) Simply combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and blend with a spoon or by hand until you have a very thick and “oaty” consistency.
#2) Roll out into 1″ balls and place on a plate.
#3) Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cookies reach the desired firmness.