Looking for a healthy AND easy to make munchy snack? Try my ‘no sugar bakes’ 🙂 These are a family favorite in my house, and we make them every movie night!
Follow these simple steps and enjoy!
* 1 3/4 cup organic unrefined coconut palm sugar
* 4 tbs unsweetened coco powder ( cocoa powder or pieces for the raw lovers )
* 1/2 cup milk of choice ( I use raw goat or oat milk )
* 1/2 cup coconut oil
* 3 cups organic quick cooking oats ( Bobs Red Mill )
* 1/2 tsp vanilla stevia extract ( totally optional tastes fine without it )
* 1/2 cup natural style peanut butter or any kind of nut butter you prefer ( my husband prefers this recipe w/ raw pecan butter )
Step #1 – Add the palm sugar, coco powder, milk, coconut oil & vanilla to a sauce pan and heat one minute min., or until everything is melted.
Step #2) – Turn off the heat & stir in the oats and nut butter until evenly blended.
Step #3) – Spread on a sheet/plate and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
Step #4) – Remove, slice, serve & enjoy!
Here is one brand of the coconut sugar I use. I normally use the palm sugar bags, but they were out today & this doesn’t taste any different. I’m not sure that coconut sugar & palm sugar aren’t one in the same. If anyone knows please share 😀